New week, new LO!
I recently discovered "The Scrapbooking Haven" website and decided to play with this month sketch.
Not so long ago, I would have said: "Well, not my kind of sketch" and I would have looked for another one! But that's not happening anymore! I am now trying to take the sketches and really make them my own!
So here is what I came up with:
With a few close-ups:
|Used the Tim Holtz distressing tool.|
The border punch is the Fiskars postage
|Love those Thickers!! Little letters on top are|
Lilly Bee Design. The scalloped piece is a Pinkpaislee
Mistable. Misted it with some "Bubble gum" Maya Mist from MR.
|Die cut the hearts with Sizzix dies and then|
embossed them! Love the result.
I used washi tape to hold the paper on the die.
Didn't peel it off the pinkish one because I liked
the result! (At the top.)
|The brad is BoBunny, the tab is AC :)|
|A mini clip from TH... A few buttons and there you go! :)|
I'm really happy because I used a lot of the products I bought last week end, so I don't have to regret the purchases. Used the heart dies, the Pinkpaislee mistable, the Maya Mist, the little tiny alpha, the tab.
But I also used some stash..
* Bought the paper last summer, so they start to count as stash!
* The stamp was bought last June as well! It's Toga and I love this set, but we know I don't use my stamps enough, so I am trying to be better!
* The little heart at the top. I peeled it off a Martha Stewart embellishment. I figured that if I don't use the entire embellishment, at least, I should use part of it, right?!
* Washi taaaaaaaaaaaape!
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS LO
* I started off with a rather "old"/vintagy looking sketch and I came up with a totally different look and feel!
* The texture provided by the distressing of the paper, the muslin ribbon, the washi tape and the embossing
* I used a stamp!!!!! :D
I really hope you like it and I thank you for stopping by :)
Have a great day!