So, are you impressed with all my blogging this week?
Today, I thought I would share a LO I created on Jan., 2d. WITHOUT A SKETCH BABY! (Oops, sorry, I got carried away!).
I am sure you know Sutty, over at Fruits of my scraps... She's that great scrapper who does those AMAZING pages and doesn't even seem to realize how wonderful she is... Anyway, why am I mentioning Sutty you ask? Because I had been wanting to use "banners"/"pennants" for a while, and she won a challenge over at AC with one of her great pages! So, she and another amazing blogger, Mary Pat, over at Siehled With a Kiss, inspired me to give it a try!
So, here is what I came up with:
As, Pamela, a third GREATLY wonderful scrapper said, you can NEVER go wrong with butterflies, so...
And here are a few close-ups
|Martha Steward punch, Sew Easy|
baker's twine by WeRMK,
PP : Basic Grey's "Life of the party"
|Sticker from the "UPCycle" collection by Cosmo Cricket|
and BG brads
The ink on the doilyis Jenni Bolwin's "Chewing gum"
|Rub-on and sticker from the same BG collection.|
The label is a die cut I made using a spellbinder die and my Big Shot.
The paint is just watercolour I spritzed on there!
I inked the buttons and clear embossed them.
* Buttons, as usual (it seems to be a never-ending stash)
* The Cosmo Cricket sticker! I'm really happy when I get to use one!!
* All the eyelets at the top
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS LO
* The inking of white buttons when I don't have the right colour for a button. I have plenty of white ones, so it's good! Plus here, the one at the button is green and blue, so I can try to create mixes :)
* The watercolour, I think it adds a nice touch and a bit of texture since some of it crackles!
* The eyelets... A different touch I think, but it works
See comments under the pics!
Before thanking you for stopping by, I'd like to invite you to visit the blogs of the three great scrappers I mentioned today (just in case you didn't know them.. Which would be quite surprising, but still!).
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by ;)