Bib time

Hello everyone,

Once again, let me thank you for all the amazing comments you leave on here! It's always a great joy for me to read them!!

I didn't manage to take pics of this LO with a great light but I thought I would share it anyway, otherwise, I am never going to post again.. And I want to stop waiting for two weeks between two posts!

So, Echo Park had a sketch inspiration post last week, and I thought I would hop in! I really liked the sketch and I loved the page the designer made out of it! It's funny because my finished page really doesn't look anything like hers! I'm amazed at the different results one can get with the exact same sketch!

Here is the sketch


And here is my take


I pretty much followed it! Once again, the white paint took forever to dry (I don't know why the Calico White Mister Huey ALWAYS does that... When I say forever, I mean forever... It takes more than a day sometimes... Does it do that to you???), so I smeared it a little bit... but I guess that's okay!

And here are a few close-ups:

Haven't added a rosette on a LO in a while!
Used Tim Hotlz's die with my Big
Shot

Love that felt "swirl", it gives texture and
it just looks cool

Put the banner on not-so-thick pop dots.
I used white cardstock, sprayed some Mr Huey
in Calico Cream, some blue and pink mists. 

I sprayed, put a flower and some brads. Oh and some
baker's twine on top. Circle sticker is from AC.

I STAMMMPPPED! Used Jenni Bowlin's inks
and some Artemio stamps :) And a ribbon for
added texture

BoBunny breads :) The sticker underneath
is from the "Upcycle" sticker sheet from Cosmo Cricket
































STASH USED

* The flowers
* The rosette die :)
* The stickers
* The papers in general

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS LO

* The bling fell on it, and I really liked how it looked so I just decided to stick it on there! I really like the result :)
* I really like the difference between the two pages! (Mine and the one from the designer.)
* I stamped several times... And that's definitely a good thing!

Anyway, thanks for looking and have a great day or night!!!

CONVERSATION

9 commentaires:

  1. Lovely page. I wonder if you could use a heat gun far away from the shape with the Mr. Huey on it and try drying it that way?? I might have to try that :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I've tried the heat gun, not sure it does it any good, it doesn't seem to make it dry! Maybe I don't do it long enough! Let me know if it works for you!!

      Supprimer
  2. oh you really rocked that sketch!!!! great job

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great job with the sketch! I think the white takes longer to dry because the ink is different than other inks so that it shows up on the paper.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. such a great take on that sketch! Mr Huey does have some drying issues for me too!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. GORGEOUS WORK!
    Love the layering of the pretty papers and the flowers.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Love the sketch and your layout! So cool!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. More than a day!!! It is a beautiful page and I love your take on the sketch.

    RépondreSupprimer